If you’re looking into replacing your boiler but you are unsure about what type of boiler you should be getting, do read on. Here we will lay out the different types of boilers available on the market, their uses and their pros and cons, so that you can make an informed decision on what’s best for you and your home.
There are three types of boilers available; Combi boiler, regular/conventional boilers, and system boilers.
Combi boilers provide heating and hot water instantaneously, directly from the boiler. Taking water directly from the mains, it he
ats it as and when you need it, without any extra components to be installed anywhere else in your home.
• Hot water is available immediately • You have an unlimited amount of hot water • It’s quite compact
• Not ideal for providing water to more than one source at a time
Conventional boilers provide heating directly, but hot water is provided from the cylinder. The mains water is usually held in an external tank which is often installed into the loft of most homes; this then provides water to the cylinder which heats it.
• You can use multiple taps at a time • Provides high water pressure
• The water may run out and you would have to wait for it to reheat • You need to have room for a hot water cylinder and tank
A system boiler is very similar to a conventional boiler as it works on the premise that water is stored, however, many more of the components are installed into the boiler itself, making the installation far simpler.
• You can use multiple taps at a time • Provides high water pressure • You do not need to have a tank in your loft
• The hot water may run out and you would have to wait for the tank to refill • You need to have space for a tank and a cylinder
|You need instant hot water||Combi|
|You don’t want to worry about hot water running out||Combi|
|You live in a house with multiple bathrooms which may need to be in use at the same time||Regular / System|
|You don’t want to use up loft space||Combi|
|You live in a property where you do not have a loft or do not have access to the loft||Combi|
|Your water pressure is low||Regular / System|
If you would like more information about our range of boilers that we provide and install, contact us today and a member of the team will be happy to talk you through your options. Buying and installing a new boiler does not have to be complicated… just give us a call.
Complete the form below and one of the Plumbcare.com team will get back to you as soon as possible.