Everything you need to know
May sees the start of our Summer Boiler Service Offer once again. This means that if you have your boiler serviced over the summer months you will receive a £10 discount on the usual cost. These frequently asked questions about the offer tell you everything you need to know (click on the question to display the answer):
- How much is the Summer Boiler Service Offer price?
The offer price is £59 which is a £10 discount on the usual cost of £10 for a gas boiler service.
- When does the offer apply?
The offer price applies to boiler serviced conducted between May and September inclusive
- Is the summer service the same as a full price winter service?
Yes, it’s exactly the same service as you would get for £69 in the winter months.
- Would the summer service still satisfy the requirements of a manufacturer’s warranty?
Yes it would, as long as meets the requirements on timing
- Would the summer service still satisfy the requirements of a home cover policy?
Most home cover policies require boilers to be properly maintained through annual services. The summer service is the same as a standard service so it would satisfy the conditions of a policy.
- When do I pay for the summer service?
To secure the £10 discount, summer services must be paid for at the time of booking
- How far in advance can I book my service in for?
You can book your service in for any time in the qualifying period now as long as we have availability
- What if I book it in for the summer and have to postpone to after September?
If you don’t end up having the service completed during the summer qualifying period you will have to pay the difference (£10)
- If I book a date for my service but closer to the time it’s not convenient, can I change it?
Yes, you can change it whenever you want subject to availability
- If parts need replacing, are they subject to a summer discount as well?
No, parts will be charged at the standard cost.
- Why do you offer a discounted rate in the summer?
We offer a discount in the summer simply because our engineers are not as busy in the summer months as they are in the winter when it’s cold and boiler breakdowns are more common
- Are there any other advantages to having a boiler service in the summer?
There are several: you’re less reliant on your boiler in the summer so it doesn’t matter so much if there’s a slight disruption to the heating while the service is conducted or if a problem is discovered; it makes sure your boiler is ready for the coming winter; and we’re quieter so you have more flexibility to pick and choose your date.
We hope that these questions explain more about the offer. It’s actually pretty simple in reality – get your boiler serviced in the summer and pay £10 less than you would in the winter! See full details of the offer here.
Get it booked in now and you can pick and choose your date for the summer and you can always change it nearer the time (see question 9!). Call us on 0800 032 6478 today.