As the winter weather starts to set-in, Plumbcare.com decided to run a giveaway over on social during October, awarding five lucky winners with a Winter Boiler Check, worth £65.
The 5 winners of our winter boiler check were Linda Ives and Carole Sharp over on Facebook and @Wakeyladhere and Andrew Earnshaw on Twitter.
As part of our winter boiler check we perform 21 point check on your system as well as give it a thorough clean. Checks include the following:?Is the location of your boiler up to current standard?
- Is the appliance securely mounted?
- Are the supplies adequate?
- We check all electrical points
- We check your water supply
- We check your gas feed
- Is there adequate ventilation to the system?
- We perform a full visual inspection of the flue throughout its entirety, inside and out
- We carry out a full combustion analysis test.
- Check that all boiler controls operate correctly and in the correct manner.
- We test the thermostats operation.
- Perform tests on the ignition system making sure it operates correctly.
- We assess the flame safety device.
- Carry out checks on the operating gas pressure and adjust the flow if necessary.
- Check the flame picture.
- We would carry out a spillage test where applicable. This may not apply to your boiler.
- Assess the condensation pipe if one is fitted to your boiler.
- Thoroughly clean out the burner, making sure it is free of all debris.
- Re-check the combustion analysis.
- Check the PRV termination.
- We would run a tightness test.
We have already been to one lucky winners home to perform a winter check.
If you feel your boiler is in need of a winter check now the cold weather is creeping in please get in touch with us and speak to a member of our expert team. Alternatively, if your boiler isn’t performing as it should or if you would like a quotation for a new system, please call Plumbcare.com today.